Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Figures

Here's some figures from yesterday's figure drawing session.




I tend to have more difficulty drawing women, something I haven't really paid attention to, so it's good to get the practice. The first is a five minute pose, and the second, about 15. This is the only figure drawing session where I was able to draw this month, since the model didn't show up for the last one and I ended up having to fill in. During that session, everyone had paid, and I wasn't about to send them home, so I took one for the team, so to speak, got naked and stood very very still.

The last time I modeled was 15 years ago, and believe it or not, I wasn't in as good physical shape as I am now, so posing, just as physical exercise, was a little easier, even if I was a little sore the next day. Not that I'm in great shape now, but generally I think I'm a bit healthier and more comfortable with my aging body. The first time I modeled 15 years ago for my illustration class when the model, once again, hadn't showed up, I turned beat red and was pretty embarrassed, but this time it wasn't so much an Issue. I just don't care as much anymore. The one drag was that I didn't get to draw, so it was nice to get a chance to do a little drawing this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment