Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Lost Thing



I first heard about this a couple of years ago when I first heard of Shaun Tan, the amazing Children's book illustrator. The book was impossible to find for a reasonable price, since it was long out of print, but I was looking forward to the short. Now it's online, and has apparently won the Academy Award for best short.

Click here to see the short.

The books back in print and you can get it:

here.

Or a collection of three long out of print Tan books:

here.

I also very much recommend his book, The Arrival.

Haven't been posting much, but I will soon, as I make more progress on the three illustrations I'm working on at the moment. I'll likely have more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Shaun Tan. I'm partially convinced that he is an actual wizard. And The Arrival was mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete